Stuffed Pumpkin with Yoghurt-Sesame-Sauce
- Preparation time: 80 m
- Cooking time: 50 m
- 10.251 Hokkaido pumpkins approx. 750 g
- 12030120 g black rice
- 25062.5250 g shiitake mushrooms or brown mushrooms
- 20050200 g red or yellow bell peppers
- 20050200 g Tofu or Tempeh
- 10.251 red chili
- 10.251 onion
- 61.56 twigs rosemary
- 414 tbsp. natural vegetable oil for frying
- 61.56 tbsp. Shoyusauce alternatively tamari or soy sauce
- 20.52 tsp. Organic Veganz Agave Syrup alternatively maple or rice syrup
- 400100400 g chopped tomatoes from the can
- 10.251 organic lemon
- 30075300 g soy yoghurt unsweetened
- 51.255 tbsp. nut or plant based cream for cooking
- 10.251 tbsp. black sesame seeds alternatively white sesame seeds
- ½0.125 ½ tsp. Kala Namak alternatively salt
- 10.251 bunch smallof chives
- black pepper from the mill
- baking paper
Preheat oven to 200°C. Wash pumpkins and cut off the root and the stem. Cut pumpkins in half, remove seeds and fibres with a spoon and sprinkle 1 level teaspoon on the halfs. Then place them on a baking tray with baking paper and fill them with water. Bake the pumpkins in the oven (mid-height) for about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the rice in a pot with 300 ml water and a pinch of salt, cover the pot and let it simmer at medium heat for about 30 minutes. Take off the lid and let it cook through. Wash the mushrooms by rubbing off the dirt with paper and remove the stems. Wash bell peppers. Dry the tofu with kitchen paper. Then cut tofu, bell peppers and mushrooms into 1 cm large cubes. Wash the chili, take the seeds out, peel onions and chop both finely. Wash rosemary, dry it and lay 4 tips aside, finely cut the leftover rosemary.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu and mushrooms for about 5 minutes at high heat, stirr from time to time. Add bell peppers, chili, shoyusauce, rosemary, agave syrup, cooked rice and tomatoes and cook everything at medium heat for about 1 minute. Take the pan of the stove.
Wash the lemon with hot water, pat it dry, grate the peel and squeeze out the juice. Add the juice to the rice-vegetable-mix in the pan.
Take the pumpkin halfs out of the oven and drain the water. Stuff the rice-vegetable-mix in the halfs and stick in 1 rosemary tip. Let pumpkins bake in the oven for further 10 minutes.
For the sauce, mix the yoghurt with cream, sesame, lemon peel and Kala Namak.
Wash and dry chives, cut into fine rings and add to the yhogurt, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the pumpkin halfs on 4 plates and serve with the yoghurt sauce.