Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- Passive time: 30 m
- slices of bread or rolls
- 20.42 tablespoons olive oil
- 10.21 large potato cut into small pieces
- 10.21 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 10.21 teaspoon thyme dried
- ½0.1 ½ teaspoon sage dried
- 10.21 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 10.21 tsp sea salt
- 10.21 teaspoon pepper
- 10.21 large onion finely chopped
- 20.42 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 ½0.31 ½ cups black beans cooked
- ½0.1 ½ bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 25525 g vegetable grated cheese
- 20.42 tablespoons brown sugar
- 0.6666666666670.1333333333330.666666666667 cup breadcrumbs
- ½0.1 ½ cup flour
- 20.42 tbsp canola oil
- 10.21 tomato cut into slices
- lettuce leaves
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add potato, rosemary, thyme, sage, chipotle powder, sea salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add onion, garlic and peppers and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Don't let the potatos brown too much.
Remove from the stove and place in a bowl.
Stir in black beans and let the mixture cool.
Add vegan grated cheese and brown sugar to the ingredients in the bowl and mix well with your hands. Add breadcrumbs and knead into a firm, moldable texture.
Shape 2 cm-thick burgers with a diameter of about 8 cm.
In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Flour each burger patty and add to the pan. Fry each side about 4-5 minutes until nice and brown.
Serve on a bun or between slices of bread with lettuce leaves, tomato slices and your favorite sauces and seasonings.