- 220110220 g Tofu pressed and cut into cubes, strips or triangles
- 10.51 tsp tomato paste or chopped small tomato
- 10.51 tsp oil
- 10.51 tsp sesame oil
- 10.51 clove garlic finely chopped
- 10.51 onion small chopped
- 212 cm ginger finely chopped
- ¼0.125 ¼ tsp pepper flakes red
- 10.51 tsp lemon juice or 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 10.51 tsp sesame seeds toasted and ground
- 10.51 tsp cornstarch
- 18090180 ml water
- 212 tsp soy sauce
- 212 tsp Organic Veganz Agave Syrup
Squeeze Tofu: wrap in a kitchen towel and press for 20-30 minutes by putting a weight on top.. (if you've got very firm tofu you can skip this step)
In a large skillet, heat oil and sesame oil over medium heat.
Add garlic, onion, ginger and chili while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Sauté until the onion begins to brown.
Add tofu. Fry for 4-5 minutes until they start to brown.
Add lemon juice and chopped tomatoes (or tomato paste) into the mixture. Cook 2-3 min and continue stirring.
Ground up sesame seeds, corn starch, water, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl.
Mix into the hot pan and stir. Turn flame on low to medium for 3-4 min. Simmer until the sauce has thickened. For a thinner sauce gradually stir in water.
Garnish with sprouts and roasted sesame seeds and serve with jasmine or brown rice.
If you prefer the dish without onion & garlic, that’s no problem, you can just leave it out. If you want a nuttier taste, use tahini, peanuts or cashews instead of ground sesame seeds.