Orange-Glazed Tofurky Roast
- 10.21 Tofurky Roast thawed completely
- 10.21 large butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 10.21 large onion peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 122.412 sage leaves fresh
- 30.63 tablespoons oil divided
- ½0.1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½0.1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼0.05 ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ⅓0.0666666666666 ⅓ cup orange marmalade
Preheat the oven to 350℉.
With a knife or scissors, carefully remove plastic casing and clips from the roast. In a Dutch oven or a casserole dish with a lid or on a piece of aluminum foil on a pan, toss together the butternut squash, onion, sage, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and the salt and pepper. Nestle the roast in the center of the vegetables and add the vegetable broth or water. Brush the roast with the remaining tablespoon of oil and cover the Dutch oven or tightly wrap with foil. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Gently heat the marmalade in a small saucepan until it is runny. Carefully remove the Dutch oven or pan from the oven, uncover, and brush the roast generously with the marmalade. Return to the oven uncovered for 10 minutes or until the glaze is nicely browned.
Place the vegetables and roast on a serving platter and use a serrated knife to cut the roast into slices.