- Passive time: 45 m
- 30075300 g corn from the jar
- 30.753 cups flour
- 10.251 sachet baking powder
- 20.52 tbsp. yeast flakes
- 10.251 tbsp. chili powder
- ½0.125 ½ cups vegetable oil (canola oil or sunflower oil)
- 20.52 tbsp. spicy mustard
- 10.251 cup water
- 35087.5350 g chickpeas pre-cooked
- 30.753 tbsp. Tahini
- 30.753 tbsp. beetroot-juice
- 30.753 tbsp. lemon juice
- Cumin seeds
- 20.52 tbsp. green peas frozen
- 10.251 tbsp. sesame seeds
Smash the corn with a blender until you get a smooth paste but still leaving some whole corns in it. Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan oven 160°C).
Mix flour, baking powder, yeast flakes, chili, corn paste, oil and mustard together with water in a mixing bowl. Stir until you get an elastic dough and knead with hands.
Distribute the dough in a muffin baking tray greased with oil, optionally with colourful paper cups. Bake muffins for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, puree chickpeas, lemon juice, Tahini and beetroot-juice together until you get a pink mousse. Season to taste with cumin seeds, 1 tsp. salt and pepper, fill in an icing bag and let it cool in the fridge.
Fry the green peas in hot oil. Decorate the corn muffins with the pink mousse, green peas and sesame seeds.
For a gluten free version, replace the flour with 2 cups of corn flour, 1 cup light gluten free flour mix for cakes and 1/2 tsp. Xanthan