Carrot-Yacón Soup With Goji Berries
- 5 ½1.3755 ½ cups carrot juice fresh
- 20.52 tsp organic Veganz goji berries
- 20.52 tsp organic Veganz coconut oil
- 10.251 cup sweet yellow onion chopped
- 10.251 red jalapeño pepper without seeds, finely chopped
- 450112.5450 g carrots sliced
- 10.251 cup Yacón strips heapingdried
- 30.753 cups vegetable broth with a little salt
- 10.251 cup water
- ½0.125 ½ cup coconut milk light
- Sea salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
- Edible flowers and herbs for garnish (optional)
In a small bowl or a glass, mix carrot juice and goji berries. Soak for 30 minutes until the berries are thick and soft.
While the berries soak, prepare the soup.
Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onions and fry for 3-4 minutes, until glassy. Stir in the red Jalapeño, and let cook for another minute.
Add carrots, Yacón, vegetable stock and water and bring to a boil.
Reduce, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the carrots are soft. Then bring heat to a simmer.
Put mixture in a blender with coconut milk and process to a thick puree.
Pour the carrot juice with goji berries through a sieve. Put the berries aside for a moment and add the carrot juice to the soup.
Mix until everything is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, scoop the soup into bowls. Add a few goji berries as well as flowers and herbs (such as marigold petals and tarragon leaves) for an optional garnish. Sprinkle with a hint of black pepper.